Hey Psych2Goers, ever wonder what the secret to life was?
嘿,Psych2Go的观众们,有没有想过生活的秘诀是什么?
What’s the key to finding real lasting happiness and fulfillment?
找到真正持久的幸福和成就感的关键是什么?
Or how to make all your dreams come true?
或者如何让你所有的梦想成真?
Chances are you probably have,
你可能已经拥有了,
but what we don’t realize is that figuring out what doesn’t make us happy is what’s holding us back and getting in the way of everying we want.
但我们没有意识到的是,弄清楚什么不能让我们快乐,是什么阻碍了我们的脚步,阻碍了我们想要的一切。
So here are five of the most common things we struggle with that hold us back from living a great fulfilling life.
下面是我们最常遇到的五件事,它们会阻碍我们过上美好而充实的生活。
Nunber one, other people’s opinions.
第一,别人的意见。
Are you always changing how you act and behave because of what other people think?
你总是因为别人的想法而改变你的行为举止吗?
Deep down inside, you may know that you shouldn’t let other people and their opinions dicate how you live your life,
在内心深处,你可能知道你不应该让别人和他们的意见左右你的生活,
but it’s also only human to crave love, acceptance and approval.
但渴望爱、接受和认可也是人的本性。
This desire to belong and to receive validation from those around you may make it easy to make the mistake of changing who you are to accommdate the people you care about.
这种归属感和得到周围人认可的愿望,可能会让你很容易犯下改变自己以适应你关心的人的错误。
But caring too much about other people’s opinions
但是太过在意别人的意见,
to the point where you don’t even get a say anymore in what it is you want to do with your life
以至于你甚至对自己想要做的事情都没有发言权,
may only serve to trap you in life of regret and resentment.
这只会让你陷入悔恨和怨恨的生活中。
Number two, your relationships.
第二,你的人际关系。
Aside from the opinions of others, you may also be guilty of letting your attachments to other people keep you from living your best life.
除了别人的意见,你对别人的依恋阻碍了你过上最好的生活,对此你可能负有责任。
Perhaps you’re afraid to move to a new city even though you really want to
也许你害怕搬到一个新的城市,即使你真的想搬,
because you’ll have to leave your closest friends and family.
因为你将不得不离开你最亲密的朋友和家人。
Or maybe you wanna go to a different college,
又或者你想上另一所大学,
or declare a different major from your friends,
或者和你的朋友选择不同的专业,
because you’re afraid you’ll drift away from them.
因为你害怕你会和他们渐行渐远。
Although it’s always nice to take the people you love into consideration when making big life decision,
虽然在做重大人生决定时,考虑到你爱的人总是很好的,
it’s equally important to consider yourself and what you want as well.
但同样重要的是要考虑到你自己和你想要的东西。
Even if you may think it’s selfish to do so,
即使你可能认为这样做是自私的,
prioritizing your own needs and wants is important for your own happiness and wellbeing.
但优先考虑你自己的需要和愿望对你自己的幸福和福祉是很重要的。
Number three, your past.
第三, 你的过去。
Do you find yourself falling into the same problematic patterns over and over again,
你是否发现自己一次又一次地陷入同样的问题模式,
even when you already know better?
即使你已经知道得很清楚了?
It’s been said that until you heal from your past, you create from past.
有人说,除非你从你的过去中痊愈,否则你就是从你的过去中创造出来的。
By letting your past control your future, you may be stopping yourself from getting to where you really want to go.
让你的过去控制你的未来,可能会阻止自己去你真正想去的地方。
Real authenticity and happiness comes from making peace with your past,
真正的可靠感和幸福来自于坦然地面对过去,
letting it go and learing to be more intentional with everything you do moving forword.
让它过去,学会更加用心地对待前进中所做地每一件事。
Align your actions with the future you want instead of the past you’re trying to outrun,
让你的行动符合你想要的未来,而不是你试图逃离的过去,
and you might just find that it radically changes your life for the better.
你可能会发现它从根本上改变了你的生活。
Number four, negative emotions.
第四, 负面情绪。
Are you always looking for ways to hide how you feel?
你总是在想办法隐藏自己的感受吗?
Negative emotions are labeled as such because no one ever wants to feel that way,
负面情绪之所以被贴上这样的标签,是因为没有人想要有这种感觉,
whether it’s anger, jealousy, hatred or fear.
无论是愤怒、嫉妒、仇恨还是恐惧。
Negative emotions can feel corrosive to your mental and emotional wellbeing when you let them get the better of you.
当你让负面情绪战胜你时,它们会对你的精神和情绪健康产生侵蚀作用。
But that doesn’t mean you should repress or deny them either.
但这并不意味着你应该压制或否认它们。
All emotions serve a purpose, so when you try to repress or dismiss them,
所有的情绪都是有目的的,所以当你试图压制或摒弃它们时,
they may only build up and overwhelm you at a later time.
它们可能只会在以后积累并击垮你。
Instead, you may want to try to identify why you’re feeling this way,
相反,你可能想要找出你为什么会有这种感觉,
learn from it and find constructive ways to address the issue and resolve it.
从中吸取教训,找到建设性的方法来解决这个问题。
Number five, limiting beliefs.
第五,局限的看法。
American businesswomen and multimillionaire Mary Kay Ash once said
美国女商人 千万富翁玛丽·凯·阿什曾经说过,
many people limit themselves to what they think they can do,
许多人把自己限制在他们认为自己能做的事情上,
but you can only go as far as your mind lets you,
但你只能走到你的头脑允许你走的最远的地方,
what you believe you can achieve.
走到你认为你能到达的最远的地方。
There’s certainly a lot of truth to be found in her statement because all too often,
她的话里当然有很多真相,因为很多时候,
you may find that you are your own worst enemy when it comes to achieving success and happiness.
你可能会发现,在活得成功和幸福的工程中,你最大的敌人就是你自己。
And one of the worst ways of self-sabotage is when you buy into your own limiting belifes and let them control your life.
而最糟糕的自我破坏方式之一就是当你相信自己的局限想法并让它们控制你的生活时。
Perhaps you think that you’re only worthy if you have the love and approval of others,
也许你认为只有当你得到别人的爱和认可时, 你才有价值,
or that life is only worth living if you do something great.
或者只有当你做了伟大的事情时,生命才有意义。
Once you learn to overcome these limiting beliefs
一旦你学会克服这些局限的想法,
and start beliving that anything is possible,
开始相信一切皆有可能,
you may find that your potential becomes unlimited.
你可能会发现你的潜力变得无限。